ATeam Gaming Community
SaamiPC

What is your Favorite game of all time?

Wow... WOW that is tough.

No, not World of Warcraft... even though I seem to keep going back to it.

I'd have to say my favorite of all time would be...

After sitting here I might have to say WoW. Just because it was a game that I always found myself going back to. I'd get mad about something on it or about it. Turn around and missing it.

Play the most... eh, really have equal times into a bunch of games right now. RIGHT THIS SECOND I'm working on the game I'm making.

Game I hate... O geez that is easy Final Fantasy XI online.

I won't get into the rant of WHY it places under Aquaman for the N64 as the worse game EVER, so I'll leave that for you guys to experience for yourself.

• Like 2

iamApropos    206

Fond memories of Super Mario Brothers but StarCraft original mainly because I was super addicted to it for so many years and its the game I met my wife in.

• Like 1

MrCaptainA    44

I was just talking with a few friends about this just the other day over a few drinks.... it's a tough call. I decided that from a purely story based standpoint, Final Fantasy 7 (played originally on the PS, then the PC when it initially made it onto the platform) would definitely be at the top of the list (cliche I know, but the facts are undeniable). For innovative game play elements, it would have to be either Alter Echo on Xbox (the switch to a puzzle lock when slowing time was a great addition to the game), or Eternal Darkness on Gamecube for the excellent implementation of the sanity meter and various "hallucinations" that happened when the aforementioned sanity bar got too low. Honourable mentions would be Doom (this wasn't my first taste of what Carmack and Romero had to offer, Kommander Keen takes that caveat), Mass Effect 2 (marked improvement on the original, both graphically, and script-wise), Darksiders (played as a port on PC, and despite poor keymapping, was an absolute joy to play), Descent (the Parallax produced title that eventually gave birth to the freespace games, which I absolutely adore), and last but not least, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (the other installments were good, but to myself, and many other fans of the franchise, 3 was by and far the pinnacle of the series).

So there's my thoughts on the subject anyway....

No, not World of Warcraft... even though I seem to keep going back to it.

That was a 6 year black hole I never wish to re-enter..... Great times, but I missed so many other games in the time that I don't think I could ever go back to an MMO that takes up THAT much of my time

As for least favourite game of all time.... if you've never had the displeasure of playing Godus (kickstarted by none other than Peter Molyneux, one of the creators of the beloved Populous games, Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Fable, and I think Black and White)...

I was gifted this "game" and I feel bad that they wasted their hard earned money on such a steaming pile of garbage. If you ever see it on sale for any amount, I cannot suggest avoiding it like a communicable disease. To call the title a game is a disservice to the work Molyneux has contributed and I would like to request that the title serve as a reminder to everyone that just because someone WAS great, it doesn't mean that they still ARE.

For the game I've dropped the most time into (that can be quantified and confirmed) would be Warframe... I'm a bit of a lunatic when it comes to that game - it's a standard 3rd person shooter, but with ALL THE CRAFTING EVER. and in order to gain mastery ranks, you need to craft and level all the frames and weapons.... 2200 hours and an 8 month break later, there's finally a reasonable chunk of content for me to jump into once again.

• Like 1

Kamego    25

I have a favorite game in each genre but I know that's not the spirit of this question. It would have to Metal Gear Solid on the original PlayStation. It was so damn cinematic, the stealth was actually novel at the time, and I liked the music and story a lot. I don't think it holds up as much as I've gotten older but that franchise gave me a lot of great memories over the years and MGS was the game that started it all for me.

As far as hating a game? This may sound blasphemous but I have never gotten the appeal of Halo. There. I said it. :P

Lightning Round:

Game I played the most: Battlefield 4 (previous record to BF: Bad Company 2)

Favorite franchise: Metal Gear Solid

Love to hate (but still play): Resident Evil series

• Like 2

I have a favorite game in each genre but I know that's not the spirit of this question. It would have to Metal Gear Solid on the original PlayStation. It was so damn cinematic, the stealth was actually novel at the time, and I liked the music and story a lot. I don't think it holds up as much as I've gotten older but that franchise gave me a lot of great memories over the years and MGS was the game that started it all for me.

As far as hating a game? This may sound blasphemous but I have never gotten the appeal of Halo. There. I said it. :P

Lightning Round:

Game I played the most: Battlefield 4 (previous record to BF: Bad Company 2)

Favorite franchise: Metal Gear Solid

Love to hate (but still play): Resident Evil series

Lol, I love that. "Love to hate (but still play):". Yeah they really have taken a bit of an awkward turn in their franchise. 

• Like 2

I have to say that Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite of all time. Most memories are of me and my dad powering through that game and enjoying every second of it as we just got a Playstation for the first time looking for a 3D experience. But if you build Chrono Trigger up to that scale and place them side by side CT wins :)

• Like 2

Kamego    25

I have to say that Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite of all time. Most memories are of me and my dad powering through that game and enjoying every second of it as we just got a Playstation for the first time looking for a 3D experience. But if you build Chrono Trigger up to that scale and place them side by side CT wins :)

I love Chrono Trigger. I got into it fairly late with the PSOne port. Have you ever played Chrono Cross?

sabah70    21

my favorite game so far has been cod modern warfare. the one i hate (not really) was fear. I would always play late night with the lights off. that little girl jumped out of my screen..... I peed a little ...shut it down and never played it again

• Like 1

Sev    12

Skyrim by far. all the mods and just my love for the series has kept me playing it. i have sunk thousands of hours into it.

Exo    16

favorite game of all time would probably be runescape the amount of hours i sunk into that game during high school was insane if i wasnt at school or sleeping i was playing it.

Wyre    15

Medal of Honor : Allied Assault

At one point in time, I was the highest ranked player in the world... Won the Million Man LAN in 2004 playing this game.

To this day I think that this game had the best netcode of any game created. All based off of Quake III Arena. Huge numbers of mods, later there were wide screen modifications, as well as high def textures.

BigDaddyKong    15

I am going to have to say Crysis.  It set the standard for hi-fidelity gaming.  I still use it to set the bar for new hardware.  The only games I may have more play time than that game is Bioshock or Microprose F-117A Stealth Fighter and LHX Attack Chopper.  

For me it has to be Soldier of Fortune 2 Multiplayer.  Not for the game itself (it was pretty good though), but for the group of people that I was gaming with.  I was running a small-mid sized LAN party in the UK and we all ended up playing it.  There were always at least 5 people up for a game and we had a great laugh.